Philosophy:

My goal is to offer you easy to implement ideas that you can put to work immediately in your life with a minimum of expense and preparation.

Ideas will range from physical activities, recipes, dietary methods & changes to tips for clearing your mind and focusing your energy.

My Basic Philosophy: * Health is Sacred * Exercise is a Privilege * Diet is a Responsibility *

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Morning Walk

If you can manage it with your work schedule during the week I highly recommend a regular, consistent morning walk - even if it's a short one.  

You will have so much more energy for the day it's really incredible what a difference it makes in your body and generating a positive outlook and energy for the day.

I like to take a cup of coffee with me on the walk - sometimes I'll walk about a mile before taking a sip.  Picking a destination before taking that first sip is a powerful motivator to get your body moving and to your destination!

You can even take this up a notch with a full fledged *CAFFEINE POWER WALK*  If you have any place within about a mile or so (or more!) that you can get up - especially on the weekends - and walk to your morning cup of Joe I highly recommend this practice.  

I'm lucky enough to have a Starbucks about a mile and a half down the road so it is now a consistent year round ritual that every Saturday/Sunday morning I am walking to that Starbucks for my coffee in the morning.  This is now one of treasured health habits and I can't imagine a weekend without it.

I hope you have the opportunity to work in a morning walk as often as possible in your daily routine.

Some fresh mulberries in the park for breakfast this morning!!
Mulberry Tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment