Philosophy:

My goal is to offer you easy to implement ideas that you can put to work immediately in your life with a minimum of expense and preparation.

Ideas will range from physical activities, recipes, dietary methods & changes to tips for clearing your mind and focusing your energy.

My Basic Philosophy: * Health is Sacred * Exercise is a Privilege * Diet is a Responsibility *

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Hacky Sack Knee Bounce!

Ok, don't laugh until you've tried this for yourself - it will surprise you!!

Truthfully I waited to post this until I was certain this was not just some temporary amusement and I am pleased to report this is a *seriously beneficial exercise* It has already made a big difference in my hip and thigh flexibility and fitness.

Hooked on this!!
Take a hacky sack and hold it out in front of you a short distance.  Drop the hacky sack and simultaneously bring the same side knee (thigh) up and bump/bounce the hacky sack back up in the air and catch it with either hand depending on which way it goes.  You can bounce it up anywhere on the top of your thigh or down toward your knee.

You can get a really good  rhythm going and *it feels great!!*  I do 50 reps in a row on each side and its great for toning the entire hip girdle - something normally hard to get at.  I am now hooked on this and plan on continuing it on a daily basis - I usually do it in the morning.  It's a great warm-up before walking.



You can of course expand into many other hacky sack exercises to work different parts of your lower body but I am honestly content with this one for a while.  *Try it - you'll like it!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment